The United Kingdom (UK) is home to some of the world’s oldest universities and colleges having their roots in the 12th and 13th centuries. Coming from such a strong legacy, education in the UK has become a benchmark for other countries.

world-class education and good future perspective are what the British higher education will give you at its minimum.

A quick informative glance before you plan

Before you set to begin your preparation for studying in the UK, here are some facts that you must know. 




68 Million



International Students


Universities and College


Dial Code



Pound Sterling


$ 3.12 Trillion

Time Zone

UTC + 1:00

Admission Requirements

A consolidated list of all the major documents that you need before applying to an university in UK

Copy of Valid Passport
TOEFL/IELTS/C1 Advanced scores
GMAT/GRE scores for PG programs
Academic Transcripts
Letter of Recommendations (LORs)
Portfolio (for specific courses)
A CV (if applicable)
Statement of Purpose (SOP)

Visa Options after Studying

Student visa is a kind of official document issued to students to help them enter different countries and pursue education. It is a type of non-immigrant visa and any prospective student who wants to pursue higher education in another country should get a student visa for that country. A student visa is a must to study aboard.

It is a multiple entry visa and remains valid till the time of completion of your study abroad.

General Student - Tier 4

Type - Study This category is for students coming to the UK for post-16 education. A Tier 4 (General) Student must be at least 16 years old.

Child Student - Tier 4

Type - Study You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa if you are aged between 4 and 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK. However working is allowed only for students of ages 16 and above.

Short-term Study

Type - Study If you want to do a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language course or a training course or do a short period of research as part of a degree course if you are studying abroad then you must get a short-term visa to study in UK. You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK. The Visa fee will be £186 for an 11 month visa, while it is £97 for a 6 month visa

General Work - Tier 2

Type - Work The Tier 2 visa is the main UK visa route for skilled workers coming to the UK to take up employment, usually paying a salary of at least £20,800 per annum for "new entrants" and £30,000 for "experienced workers". In order to apply for this visa you must have a job offer and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid Tier 2 sponsor licence. The Visa fee will be £1,220 if the proposed stay period is for more than 3 years.


British Chevening Scholarships for International Scholarships
Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship
A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship
Felix Scholarships
Rhodes Scholarship
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships (CWIT)
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships
Inlaks Scholarships

Cost of Living

For an average lifestyle, the cost of living is generally low


€45585 - €71676


€10378 - €32589


€5237 - €10378


€32686 - €65177

Careers in UK

Popular Careers in UK are

Law and Legal Studies
Engineering and Technology
Medicine and Life Sciences
Natural Sciences
Arts and Humanities
Social Sciences