Study in USA

USA has always remained the top choice for higher studies among international students. According to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), 2,32,851 Indian students went to the USA for higher studies in 2021. The number of Indian students in the US increased by more than 12% in 2021. US is home to the maximum number of top universities in the world. There is always an eagerness among international students for going to the US and experience the higher education system there.

A quick informative glance before you plan

Before you set to begin your preparation for studying in the UK, here are some facts that you must know. 


Washington DC


333 Million



International Students

1.1 Million

Universities and College


Dial Code



US Dollars


$22.675 Trillion

Time Zone

UTC -5:00

Admission Requirements

A consolidated list of all the major documents that you need before applying to an university in US

Copy of Valid Passport
Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS test scores)
ACT/SAT/LSAT for UG programs, GMAT/GRE scores for PG programs
Academic Transcripts from the previous study
Academic Reference Letters, the number of reference letters depends from university to university
Letters of recommendation from the employer/manager (if applicable)
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Essays (if demanded by the university)
Portfolio (for specific courses)
Certificates of extracurricular activities
Evidence of funds

Visa Options after Studying

Student visa is a kind of official document issued to students to help them enter different countries and pursue education. It is a type of non-immigrant visa and any prospective student who wants to pursue higher education in another country should get a student visa for that country. A student visa is a must to study aboard.

It is a multiple entry visa and remains valid till the time of completion of your study abroad.


Type - Study You get to stay in the US for 1 year after completion of your course on an F1 visa. For students studying STEM courses, a new rule allows a 24-month extension, which means you can continue to stay in the US up to 3 years.


Type - Study An M-1 Visa is meant for non-academic or vocational study or training in the US. Stay back period is actually equal to the duration of course in which you get enrolled, with an additional grace period of 1 month. The visa can be extended for another 2 years, to a maximum total period of 3 years, if this time is required to complete the course.


Type - Study The J-1 visa is for people who wish to take part in work-and-study-based exchange and visitor programs in the U.S. These programs are sponsored by an educational or other nonprofit institution, which must be accredited through the Exchange Visitor Program designated by the U.S. State Department. Candidates are given a grace period of 1 month to prepare for their return to their home country.


Type - Work H-1B is an employment based, non-immigrant visa for temporary workers in America. It is an employer sponsored visa i.e. an employer must offer a job and petition for your H-1B visa with US immigration department.


Fulbright Foreign Student Program
#YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
Tata Scholarship for Cornell University
Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships
Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
Civil Society Leadership Awards
AAUW International Fellowships
Surfshark Privacy and Security Scholarship
List of Scholarships for MS in USA

Cost of Living

For an average lifestyle, the cost of living is generally low


$600 - $1000


$350 - $500


$500 - $1000


$500 - $1000

Careers in US

Popular Careers in US are

Law and Legal Studies
Engineering and Technology
Medicine and Life Sciences
Natural Sciences
Arts and Humanities
Social Sciences